Hiring Graphic Design Intern
SCORCHED EARTH BREWING COMPANY NEEDS A GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN
Scorched Earth Brewing Co is looking to hire a part-time Graphic Design intern throughout the year to assist with graphic design work, flyers, newsletters and all things creative. Candidates must have a strong work ethic and terrific computer skills (including graphic design programs, Microsoft Office suite, etc).
- Design flyers for tap room beer releases, tap room events, and special industry related events;
- Help maintain and design updates to the weekly eNewsletter;
- Design a new monthly brewery calendar;
- Design a new tap room menu and monthly calendar;
- Work closely with the Marketing/Public Relations Intern to draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories;
- Design images and other graphics for the Scorched Earth Brewing website;
- Attend and contribute to regular marketing and design meetings;
- Attend and support industry related special events;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional graphic design skills;
- Completed or working toward a graphic design college degree;
- Previous internship or related experience in graphic design is preferred;
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite). Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop preferred;
- Ability to communicate is important, including strong writing skills;
- Personable, respectful, self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for the craft beer industry.
Hours: 6 – 8 hours/week, two-three days a week in the brewery. This is a paid internship.
For more information or to express an interest in the position, please send a resume, cover letter and samples and/or links to your work (i.e. graphic design items such as flyers, newsletters, websites or brochures) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the brewery, visit our website at scorchedearthbrewing.com.