Hiring Marketing Intern
SCORCHED EARTH BREWING COMPANY NEEDS A MARKETING/PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN
Scorched Earth Brewing Co. is looking to hire a part-time Marketing Intern throughout the year to assist with all things marketing and public relations including brand support, web content management, social media support, and working special events. This is an excellent opportunity to perform a wide array of tasks supporting a young startup business in the most exciting industry today – craft beer!
- Update and maintain social media presence, including scheduling Facebook updates;
- Assist in planning, writing and managing the weekly eNewsletter;
- Assist in revising the tap room menu and monthly calendar;
- Pitch, draft and distribute news releases, media alerts and other stories;
- Design flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for special events;
- Regularly update the Scorched Earth Brewing website;
- Conduct industry related research;
- Organize and attend regular marketing meetings including preparing agenda and taking minutes;
- Attend and support industry related special events;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Personable in social settings with exceptional communication skills (verbal and written skills);
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space;
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations);
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is preferred;
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite). Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop preferred, but not required;
- Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus, but not required;
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts;
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for the craft beer industry.
Hours: 8 – 15 hours/week, two-three days a week in the brewery. This is a paid internship.
For more information or to express an interest in the position, please send a resume, cover letter, writing samples and/or links to your work (i.e. media portfolio) to email@example.com. For more information about the brewery, visit our website at scorchedearthbrewing.com.