Hiring Production Assistant (Part-Time)
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN SCORCHED EARTH BREWING COMPANY’S BREWING TEAM
Production Assistant (Part-Time)
July 27, 2017
Scorched Earth Brewing Company is looking to hire a part-time Production Assistant responsible for working as a valued member of the brewing team, focused primarily on cellar work - cleaning kegs, filling kegs, cleaning tanks, cleaning the tap room draft system, working on the bottling line, helping to maintain the general cleanliness of the brewery, and doing other tasks as assigned. In addition, this position will be expected to professionally represent the brewery at events, festivals and promotions, and support the tap room as needed/directed. This position will also be responsible for delivering beer to our Chicago accounts on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. This entry level position is part-time, and subject to the brewery’s dynamic production schedule.
Here is what we are looking for:
- Must be 21 + years of age;
- Ability to lift 60 lbs and move kegs (approx. 160 lbs);
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs;
- Ability to work in an environment that can be noisy, as well as adjust to the seasonal temperatures within the brewery;
- Ability to work any day during the week, but primarily week days;
- Genuine interest and passion for craft beer;
- Responsible and dependable;
- Friendly and courteous, work place professional;
- Commercial brewing experience and/or education is preferred, but not required;
- Forklift experience preferred, but not required;
- Bassett certificate preferred, and will be expected prior to hiring;
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
For more information or to express an interest in the position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include an explanation as to why you are the best candidate for the job!